Training Video Resources
We have created a series of reference videos to improve your REDCap experience. These videos explain all the major parts of using REDCap and are meant for review purposes. If you are looking to get a REDCap account, please look on the REDCap Tutorial page to find the link to the online tutorials and dates for the in-person tutorial.
- Background Information: Learn more about the background of REDCap at UC Denver, general policies for use, and some REDCap best practices
- Login and Project Creation: Learn how to log in to your REDCap account and create a new project.
- Project Setup Page: Explore the project home, project setup, other functionality, and project revision pages. Learn how to customize the settings for your projects, set user rights, use data access groups, and move your project to Production.
- Data Entry: Learn how to add new records, edit existing records, use advanced data entry features, and navigate between records.
- Online Designer: Learn about the basic steps in designing your project. Learn how to set up forms; create a new field; validate fields; code multiple choice questions; use yes/no and true/false fields; create slider fields; and how to use file upload fields, descriptivefields, and section headers.
- Online Designer--Advanced Features: Learn how to use advanced features in the Online Designer, such as branching logic, calculated fields, matrices, piping, and the data dictionary. Review some best practices in form creation.
- Reports and Exports: Learn how to create a report, review basic statistics and charts, and export a report or full data set.
- Surveys: Learn how to enable surveys, the benefits of using surveys, setting up your survey, and the different ways you can distribute both initial and follow up surveys.
- Longitudinal Database: Learn about the longitudinal data collection set up and how it varies from a standard, or classic, data collection instrument. Learn how to define events and assign forms to specific events, use the scheduling module, and advanced calendar features available only in longitudinal studies.
- Advanced Features: Learn how to use some advanced REDCap features, including the randomization feature, the logging feature, the field comment log, the data import tool, and the data quality tool.
We've also created a video to show some of the new features with REDCap 7.0, which we upgraded to on 01/27/2017. Watch the REDCap Upgrade video to learn about REDCap's new look, the record home page, and infinitely repeating forms.