If you are looking to get a REDCap account, please look on the REDCap Tutorial page to find the link to the online tutorials and dates for the in-person tutorial. You must complete the actual tutorial to receive an account.
We have created a series of reference videos to improve your REDCap experience. The training videos explain all the major parts of using REDCap and are meant for review purposes. The advanced feature videos to an in-depth approach to using some of the more complicated features of REDCap.
- Background Information: Learn more about the background of REDCap at UC Denver, general policies for use, and some REDCap best practices
- Login and Project Creation: Learn how to log in to your REDCap account and create a new project.
- Project Setup Page: Explore the project home, project setup, other functionality, and project revision pages. Learn how to customize the settings for your projects, set user rights, use data access groups, and move your project to Production.
- Data Entry: Learn how to add new records, edit existing records, use advanced data entry features, and navigate between records.
- Online Designer: Learn about the basic steps in designing your project. Learn how to set up forms; create a new field; validate fields; code multiple choice questions; use yes/no and true/false fields; create slider fields; and how to use file upload fields, descriptivefields, and section headers.
- Online Designer--Advanced Features: Learn how to use advanced features in the Online Designer, such as branching logic, calculated fields, matrices, piping, and the data dictionary. Review some best practices in form creation.
- Reports and Exports: Learn how to create a report, review basic statistics and charts, and export a report or full data set.
- Surveys: Learn how to enable surveys, the benefits of using surveys, setting up your survey, and the different ways you can distribute both initial and follow up surveys.
- Longitudinal Database: Learn about the longitudinal data collection set up and how it varies from a standard, or classic, data collection instrument. Learn how to define events and assign forms to specific events, use the scheduling module, and advanced calendar features available only in longitudinal studies.
- Advanced Features: Learn how to use some advanced REDCap features, including the randomization feature, the logging feature, the field comment log, the data import tool, and the data quality tool.
You can also check out the record of the REDCap User Group Meeting on March 16, 2020 on our Vimeo: User Group Meeting
- Action Tags: Learn how to use the most popular and powerful action tags
- Data Imports: A detailed look at use the import tool to import data from another source
- Double Data Entry: Learn how to use REDCap's Double Date Entry module
- Calculations: Learn how to use simple calculations, if/then statements, nest calculations, and datediff calculations
- Missing Data: Set specific missing data codes for your entire project
- MyCap: A participant-friendly REDCap app
- PDF Auto-Archiver and e-Consent: Use REDCap's e-Consent framework to consent participants and save PDFs of the consent
- Randomization: Learn how to use the randomization feature
- Repeating Forms: Learn how to use repeating forms and events
- Smart Variables: Learn how to use smart variables in REDCap
- Survey Login: Learn how to use the survey login feature
- Survey Queue: A deep dive into using the survey queue
- Twilio: Learn how to use Twilio to send your survey invitations via text message or allow participants to take the survey via voice call